- EMC Backup and Archive Does VMworld Right
You know it’s that time of year again. Summer is winding down, and here on the East Coast it is even starting to feel like Fall is in the air. Crisper air. Indian Summer. Labor Day rapidly approaching. And what’s better than ushering in Fall than a piping hot cup of EMC Backup and Archive with a splash of VM awesome sauce? Hashtag NerdJuice (#nerdjuice).
That’s right – you guessed it! It’s a perfect time for a trip to San Francisco! Get ready kids, this is the stuff virtual dreams are made of….
As we’re getting ready to make our annual pilgrimage to the VM mecca that is VMworld, we thought we’d open our kimono and give you a preview of what’s in store for you at the show.
And do we have some massively cool stuff in store for you this year. Much cooler than massively parallel computing. No lies.
EMC Backup and Archive Booth activity - EMC Booth #1207
- First and foremost we’ll be standing by at the EMC Booth, starting on Sun, Aug 25th at 4 PDT during the Welcome Party, in the Solutions Exchange area to talk with you about how EMC Backup and Archive forms the basis of a healthy data protection architecture for software-defined data centers, mission critical applications, virtual desktop infrastructure, trusted IT and VSPEX Proven Infrastructure.
- Tyler Verri with Sub-Zero, an EMC Backup Recovery Systems customer, will be speaking in the EMC Theater starting at 3PM PDT on Mon, Aug 26th.
- EMC vSpecialists and our own EMC Elect Alex Almeida, will be standing by at the EMC Meet the Expert Bar to answer any burning questions you may have on VMware backup and archive.
- As a capstone to the week, Stephen Manley, the CTO of EMC Backup Recovery Systems Division, will be standing by in the EMC Meet the Expert Bar for a fireside chat on Wed at 1:55 PM PDT. He will discuss EMC Backup for VMware and also Protection Storage Architecture and why a sound strategy shouldn’t be accidental.
Sessions with EMC Backup and Archive Content
- If that’s not enough, you can hear Phil George speak at the Intel Booth #1029 on Wed, Aug 28th at 2:30PM PDT about superior VMware Backup and Recovery Performance – powered by Intel Xeon E5.
- And, of course you can’t forget EMC Backup and Recovery for converged infrastructures, like the VCE Vblock System. Yours truly will also be giving two talks on Backup and Recovery Optimized for VCE Vblock Systems in the VCE Booth #1015 on Tue, Aug 27 at 4:45PM PDT and Wed, Aug 28th, at 3:15PM PDT.
- Join us on Mon, Aug 26th, from 3-4:20PM PST in the Wikibon Cube, where analyst Dave Vellante (@dvellante) will place the Backup Spotlight on Stephen Manley and Deepak Mohan, with CIO Ed Ricks from Beaufort Memorial Hospital, an EMC Backup Recovery Systems customer. The Cube interviews will be broadcast live via the SiliconAngle channel on YouTube if you can’t be there in person!
- We also have some great VMware Hands on Labs (HOLs) in Booth #235, brewed fresh by master EMC Backup and Archive virtuoso barista Alex Almeida and team. Highlights include vCenter UI integration in both Avamar and NetWorker and VM Instant Access with Avamar. The labs are titled: Lab #5 - Lightning Fast VM Recovery with EMC Avamar Featuring VM Instant Access and Lab #12 - Lightning Fast VM Recovery with EMC Avamar Featuring VM Instant Access.
- And be sure to take the EMC Hands of Lab, HOL-PRT-1303 EMC Infrastructure with the vCloud Suite, for additional Avamar feature exploration.
Get your vParty on!
And of course we’ll be at a number of other networking events including the Welcome Reception, #v0dgeball, the Hall Crawl and the #vRockstar Party featuring Train and Imagine Dragons.
We’ll be covering all of these events on social media so follow us on Twitter @EMCBackup for all the latest updates and news, and tweet to us and let us know how we’re doing! Also, we’re running some fun “Where in the VMworld” polls on the EMC Backup and Recovery Facebook page - how well do you know famous San Francisco locations (like this one)?
And stay tuned on Facebook and Twitter for how you can help us vote on what EMC Backup and Archive drink to offer at our Customer Appreciation Event Tuesday night.
We can’t wait to see you there – it’s going to be a great show.
- CTO Connection
Thoughts from Stephen Manley
Transforming Backup Into a Business Accelerator
Backup has transformed from "low-value, high-cost insurance policy" to "business accelerator." Unfortunately, most organizations struggle with the complexity and cost of a jumble of disconnected backup technologies.