- Seven Essential Strategies for Effective Archiving
Driven by rapid data growth, tight budgets, and compliance requirements, managing information seems to be getting harder to accomplish, but it doesn’t have to be that way. The secret is having an effective archiving strategy, which can help your organization retain, manage, protect, and utilize its information assets more effectively:
- Archiving can reduce the size of primary data stores; thereby, reducing backup and recovery times and boosting application performance.
- Archiving keeps valuable business information secure, accessible and ready to provide business value today and in the future.
- Archiving can substantially reduce risk and cut the cost of compliance and eDiscovery.
But don’t just take my word for it. Contoural, Inc. a leading provider of Information Governance Consulting Services describes the keys to archiving strategy in this new white paper the “Seven Essential Strategies for Effective Archiving”. Some of the keys to success include:
- Clearly defining the roles of backup and archiving
- Adopting a disk-based archive
- Converge your backup and archive storage
You’ll have to read the paper to get all the details! It’s a must read for any IT manager or compliance officer looking for answers to the toughest archiving questions including:
- Why should I bother with archiving?
- Where do I begin?
- How will I succeed?